It’s been a LONG Winter –thankfully Spring, (while already over a month in), is actually starting to appear.
Spring is the perfect time for a body (and mind) ‘re-set and regenerate’. After the cold, dark winter, its time for our bodies to be radiant again – just like the plants around us starting to shoot and flower, our bodies too can follow this natural pattern.
A detox (or as I like to call it a REGENERATION PROGRAM) doesn’t have to be super crazy or strict, or mean that you have to miss out on anything fun. In fact, it can be quite the opposite…..and It’s a great time to do something kind for your body before the Party/Christmas season arrives.
There are MANY simple changes you can make that will encourage your body to gently detoxify (which is its natural tendency), and enable you to start functioning at a higher level…….i.e. more energy, clearer thinking, glowing skin, healthy poos, less or NO bloating, radiant eyes, shiny hair, less aches and pains etc
Here are some simple steps to get yourself into ‘Spring Regenerate’ mode – you could do all of these, or just a few……remember, any change in a positive direction will benefit your body in numerous ways. I encourage you to TAKE THE PRESSURE OFF – you will probably not be able to follow these guidelines 100%, all of the time – you don’t have to!!
Far too often I see people make one perceived ‘bad’ choice, and then give up on their health goals entirely (or even worse, beat themselves up mentally) as they “haven’t done it right”. Think of your health as a ‘practice’ (like a yoga practice), where you are doing your best, for your body, at this moment in time – throw away the expectation to be ‘perfect’ – you are human, you are flawed (yay!)…..so just practice making choices with the intention to serve your body (and mind) well. It can also be a powerful practice to start listening to what makes your body FEEL good – you may even surprise yourself and start making healthier choices ‘without even trying’………..
Here are my ‘Spring Regeneration’ suggestions:
- Enjoy Lots of Greens (highly nutritious and alkalising)
- Include plenty of fresh, colourful food (even better if its organic and in season)
- Plant and Eat Fresh Herbs and Sprouts
- Enjoy light protein options (fish, eggs and organic chicken – give the red meat a rest just for a couple of weeks)
- Load up on Nuts and Seeds (raw or activated)
- Use Brown Rice and Quinoa in place of bread, pasta and white rice.
- Drink WATER and Herbal teas
- Start your day with Lemon/lime/grapefruit water
- Practice setting and living with INTENTION
- Practice Yoga (especially some twists) or Go for a walk (even better, do it in bare feet on the ground/sand/grass….this is known as ‘Earthing’ – & has a long list of health benefits)
- Recite Affirmations to yourself on a daily basis i.e. ‘I am radiant, healthy and full of vitality. My body serves me so well’ (or anything that feels good for you – be creative!)
- Have a ‘Clean out’ (clothes, unused items, weed the garden, toxic products, toxic people etc. – get rid of that stagnant energy….you don’t need it anymore). The ‘clearing’ out both physically and mentally makes space for new, life affirming habits.
Give these things a rest (again – try for a couple of weeks & be kind to yourself if you make a mistake/go off track…………just let it go, and get back on track….it’s kinda simple when you approach it like that)
- Processed foods
- Coffee and Black Tea
- Chemical additives and preservatives
- Processed Oils and Inflammatory fats
- Unhelpful and unkind thoughts (and words)
These simple changes will give your body the opportunity to clear out toxins and subsequently function more efficiently.
If you do want to ‘up the anti’ (so to speak) you can always add in supplements that support liver and gut health – think ‘St Mary’s Thistle’, ‘Dandelion’, ‘Turmeric’, Probiotics, Aloe Vera, Bone Broth etc. Remember though – you can’t out supplement poor food choice.
As always, if you are unsure what would suit you best or you want to up the anti, or, you just want someone to help you ‘stay on track’ and be able to measure your progress with the accuracy of bio-impedance analysis – please give me a call and we can catch up for a consult.
Happy Regenerating – Happy Spring!!